Tuesday 1 May 2007

Men and buses

Right after months of being single and desperately seeking company, why is it that there is now an influx of eligible, and very available men knocking on my door? '
What on earth are you complaining about?' I hear you ask. Well here's my problem, I am incapable of going out with more than one person at a time, as even though they may be just dates and hardly a bloody commitment I still feel like it's wrong and I'm somehow being dishonest by doing so. This I believe may be to do with being married for the last 10years and being completely faithful to my husband or it may be that it was drilled in to me by my mother after my Dad left home that it was very wrong to be with 2 people at once.
So what do I do?
I met a really nice guy on Saturday night, have a great laugh with him, we swap numbers and have spoken and are hopefully going out next week(I've given up believing plans so always pre-empt them with 'hopefully')
Then hey presto someone who I'd given up on then contacts me on Monday and several rather naughty texts ensued, but I have no idea where that may lead as he seems to be a bit of an enigma.
So do I write off the guy who I met at the weekend even though we may actually hit it off (and he made me laugh a lot) or do I agree to see other guy who I have an unbelievable physical attraction to but haven't got to know him well enough yet to know if we match in any other way!
And I won't even go into the story about the 23year old PE teacher (he did have gorgeous eyes though)
This coupled with the fact I'm an indecisive Libran who constantly weighs up pro's and con's, and then has an argument with herself over which ones are pro's and which ones are cons, doesn't make for an easy nights sleep! Oh why can't things be simple. Times like this where I wish the American way of dating several people at once was considered the norm here.

15 comments:

Girl said...

Ugh, I know that weighing up thing. It makes my head hurt and thus I am of no help to you.

Drama Queen said...

By all accounts it IS like America and you can date as many as you want until you are in a confirmed relationship, go see London Girl for inspiration.

And if the one that is texting you again is S then I would have thoughts about that. Such as what are his motives. . .!!!

Flattering to believe he regrets dumping you but more realistic to assume he wants something else. . .which may not be a problem to you ;-)

Unknown said...

It'll only become the norm if people make it the norm... Just a thought.

phoenix said...

Just a Girl- head hurts too!

DQ -you know those were the motives I wanted in the first place hehe, but he never completely broke away he was still sending messages now and then,just reeeaally intensified this week? would be just fun with him I reckon.Really like the geordie too so maybe I should just play it by ear.
Hannah- yes but unfortunately with small town mentality not as easy to be first to change the rules.

Drama Queen said...

I thought he did break away. Wasn't there 'a chat'?

phoenix said...

yep the cooling it chat,but have had a few texts from him. Reckon it's just cos his mate saw me out on saturday having a good night and case of I don't want you but don't want anyone else to, either that he literally did mean what he said about keeping in touch? I don't know all too confusing!

Drama Queen said...

*grrrr* men!

Anonymous said...

Juggling more than one guy at a time isn't all that easy in America, either. I say go out with the new guy, and if this other man ever puts some action behind his texts, you can cross that bridge then?

pink jellybaby said...

wow eee! sounds like you're doing well! decisions decisions! ;)

phoenix said...

J- have just agreed to date with new guy,he's winning on the 'doing as he says he's going to'stakes right now, then promptly bumped into other guy out shopping. let the games begin.

PJ- Don't think I've ever had this happen before, but could be because I've never been through the young free and single stage,always had serious and long term.
Also got hit on by a guy at Salsa on Tuesday! What the hell is going on??Maybe Redheads are in at the moment.:-)

londongirl said...

I think that so long as you're not shagging them all, then it's fair goes, no. And actually my mother used to date lots of men concurrently back in the 60s. So it's not just a modern thing (though I can appreciate it's a bit of a leap if you're new to the market!).

But if you can't decide yet and don't want to date both...
I would go out with Saturday Night man (please can you give these men nicknames or something to stop me getting confused?) again first. If you like him, then great.

And if you really can't stop yourself, then do continue exchanging texts with Text Man until your date with SNM is over. Then you'll be in a better place to make the call. But bear in mind that no matter how hot he is, he sounds like a player to me, if he's disappeared once, he'll probably do it again. And unreliable doesn't strike me as a particularly good thing for you right now!

Good luck!

phoenix said...

thanks for the tips LG and for ease lets call saturday night one Geordie and the texter Rich guy.Know what you mean about rich guy, but from what I've heard (small town) it's not that he's a player, but worse,it's that he spend so much time dedicated to his business he makes little time for play.hmmm

Drama Queen said...

But this time I do think he is playing. A bit. And remember I know all the details. And actually more about dating than you, which is weird.

Dan said...

I'm a libran too! When is your bday?

phoenix said...

Hi Dan thanks for visiting.I'm afraid i couldn't possibly put my actual date of birth on the web (I'm a big scaredy cat that someone'll steal my identity)But Libran's good no matter what the date.I believe the statement about us Librans is 'Fair venus child who's every grace makes this strife torn world a wondrous place' so a good sign to be.