Friday 4 May 2007

Good versus Bad

Absolutely shattered today and in need of much sleep, yet again. Though being another sleepless night certainly gave me plenty of time to think of my current dilema's and come to some sort of conclusions.
I need to start thinking of dating not as a potential way to find a partner but as a way to get out and enjoy myself with some half decent company,and given the fact that I also unwittingly seem to attract the ones with reasonable disposable income,in nice surroundings too.
Then at least if I find that I do actually hit it off with any of them then I can take the next steps when I'm ready.
On London Girl's advice too I shall give the two current contenders nicknames so as to avoid confusion. The guy I met on Saturday night is hereby known as Geordie (cos he is) and other is now known as Text guy (cos he does). Now Geordie is sounding more and more like my kind of guy.He's down to earth,likes a laugh,dances without going 'nah I don't dance unless I've had 10pints',is closer to my age,self sufficient and calls when he says he's going to. Other plus points are he's not put off by mini me (if he was he'd be straight out the picture) very fit (as in exercises) but not so much that he's obsessed,attractive,tall and has two properties in my home city of the burgh (therefore good taste).I shall find out more when we go out next weekend.
Good points of Text guy are he's also down to earth,still likes going out despite being 8years my senior,very attractive in a manly way, also keeps fit and appears to have very good manners,but I'm getting the feeling off him that things are only done his way when he wants them to be done,that work is his life and he never calls when he says he will (the texts I got the other day were because he was having a bad day at work and wanted me to perk him up,literally,nothing wrong with that but if I was having a bad day and texted him I have the feeling I would not get a reply) I don't want to fall into the going for the bad boy trap and my instincts are telling me I could get addicted to him, but not in a good way!
Just realised reading over this how effective blogging is at answering questions you don't even realise you're asking yourself. If I stumbled on this blog I'd be shouting at me right now saying 'stay away from the text guy!!' - though my dad told me the other night on no account was I to dump him as he wants to have a go in his flash car!My father is sooo shallow!

14 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Oh don't call him Rich guy. People will think you are only after one thing. And I know you are, but its not his money.

I think he's bad news babe. He took to long to change his mind after dumping you. I think he's just lonely and in need of some specfic company. Something about him says NO!!

Go for the other one, he sounds fun :-)

phoenix said...

I think you're right, and rich guy comment is tongue in cheek, shows he maybe doesn't have a redeeming feature I can think of so don't fret.
The more i talk to Geordie the more I like him.Definitely not so serious and one I could take out with my friends with no worries of preconceptions on either side, and he's got houses in Edinburgh yippee!!

phoenix said...

changed him to text guy just for you xx

Drama Queen said...

Well choice made. Fun is what you need right now. Not some, hot-and-cold-Oh-I-don't-know-if-I-want-commitment-and-I'm-sure-she-does-even-though-she-says-she-doesn't Guy. Best off out of that. . .

Drama Queen said...

Sorry. I just didn't want you looking like one of these shallow people because that's SOOOOO not you :-)

phoenix said...

he has just been deleted from my phone which may be quite funny when he does text and I answer back with,'sorry but who is this?'

Girl said...

Mr. fun and reliable sounds like the winner.

Drama Queen said...

Thats a great move. Well done you. I am very proud. . .

Now throw out the phonebills so there is no trace. Not that I have been known to desperately search the bins for a boy's number. . .OK, only once (read, twice).

phoenix said...

Just a Girl- yep we'll wait and see what happens eh.

phoenix said...

DQ- did you really do that!!?
I have no listed phonebills , and really I wouldn't even go there,no need for that these days in my apparently desirable state hehe x

Scotsman said...

So you do have a blog! I knew you must have but the last couple of times you left a comment on mine I clicked your user name but couldn't see your blog and now blogger is allowing me to see it for whatever reason. I did have comments for most of the posts but after reading each and every one of them I looked at the clock and thought 'Argh!', you will have to excuse I need to get back to work.

phoenix said...

I keep the political talk for the pub:-)

Cream said...

Your choice is made if only for Edinburgh, my most favourite city in the whole world!

phoenix said...

Cream- can't say fairer than that.