Thursday 10 May 2007

the child

I try to avoid talking about my daughter here because this blog is my way of not being mum for a few minutes a day, a kind of release of a bit of me so to speak. Today though I'd just like to say how proud I am of her,of her amazing capacity to cope with all that life has thrown at her in the last year, her caring soul,her empathy with others, her huge heart, her love of family,her intelligence and understanding despite her tender years, her sincerity,her manners,her ability to make me laugh when all I want to do is cry,her wit,her smile and for loving her mum with such openness. I tell her all these things and I tell her I'm proud and how much I love her but I just wanted to share it,it's good to talk.x

11 comments:

Drama Queen said...

I love the mini you more than I have ever loved a child. As much as I think I might love my own. She's a credit to the wonderful person you are.

Give her big hugs from her Auntie DQ.

phoenix said...

Aw thanks DQ,you know how much she loves your hugs.She's been so brilliant recently I just felt the need to write it x

Cream said...

Ahhhhh....
That was nice!
I was expecting some nasty punchline but it is definitely good to talk.
Promise you won't shout at her for at least 24 hours.

phoenix said...

I have no need cream,she really is the best child a mum could hope for,don't get me wrong she has her moments as we all do but she amazes me daily with her resilliance, and why the thought of a nasty punchline?

Cream said...

Sorry, nasty wasn't the right word!
I just thought there was going to be a really funny punchline about something she did that would've made you want to scream.
But I was wrong and I am really happy that she is the best child a mam could hope for.
How old is she?

phoenix said...

she's nearly nine (going on 39 sometimes)she does do the things that make me want to scream, but I look at some of the other children at school and think how lucky I am. I'm not just saying it cos she's mine,I'd be first to admit if she was displaying brattish behaviour,DQ will back this up. Apparently some of her friends (who's parents spoil them then wonder why they have behaviour problems) think I'm too strict,but that may be my saving grace judging by the results.

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet, phoenix.

SpanishGoth said...

You may pass on a Gothic hug of approval. Got to love them - you can't buy them.....

phoenix said...

thank you goth I will pass the hug on with pleasure.:-)

Anonymous said...

*sniff* that was so nice and heartfelt.
Its good to have a place you can feel you can get away from. It is obvious you love your daughter very much so you should share as much as you like. She is apart of your life and it is really nice hearing about it. x

phoenix said...

j and Fabby - glad you liked hearing about her,she's a wee gem