Saturday 26 May 2007

turn up for the books

whats going on and when will it go wrong?
negative,cautious,cynical statement? whatever! I've learned so much by being smacked by life over the past year Im never going to be counting my chickens before they hatch at the chicken ranch ever again. This weekend though I went on a fantastic date,with a lovely,polite,down to earth guy who made me laugh my head off and completely lose track of time while we chatted non stop about anything and everything. There was no awkwardness from minute one. He said later an ex had told him 'you aint no oil painting,but there's something about you' not strictly true I thought cos he has a lovely face, there was something reassuring it which put me at ease immediately. We parted arranging another date and not dinner this time,a nice mid morning walk next week followed by stopping off at one of the lovely local pubs for a nice spot of lunch.So a successful initial introduction to the world of online dating and then, surprise number 2,text guy may have to change his name to bike guy as he actually turned up on time for our bike ride this morning and said he'd had such a good time he would really like to make it a regular thing. Looks like my instincts of him being better mates potential than dates potential may've been spot on. Now there's no alterior motive on either side, we are relaxed in each others company,right down to discussing dating and friendship!He's so much of a bachelor he could give ole cliff a run for his money,but he's fiercely loyal to his friends as I am to mine and I think I've made a new one.
I'll keep you posted on the other!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you much joy and other carnal things(wink), I am jealous!!

phoenix said...

thanks john boy.oops did i just say that think it may be to do with the drunk commenting.thought I'd try my nieces method. verily enjoyable xxx

phoenix said...

a bottle of chardonnay and texting with new guy is much fun.yippee i can spell still and I'm drunk as a skunk heehee

SpanishGoth said...

Boring ! It started off promising enough, smacked, spanking...then it all tailed off.

And no, I'm not pissed, I'm just pisseder ;-)

phoenix said...

never spank on a first date goth,it'll ruin my reputation heehee

Cat said...

Sounds like you had fun - keep us posted...

SpanishGoth said...

You can, just not with me. Spanking is a fun hobby.... they even have clubs to perfect it ;-)

general_boy said...

'I aint no oil painting' hehe, Moe Sislak style LOL.

Hey your blog isn't linked to your profile anymnore? Dunno if that's deliberate or not... just made it harder to find my way back is all!

phoenix said...

Hey GB will sort out the profile thingy,wasn't deliberate prob just me hitting a wrong button somewhere.LOL at moe,that could be a good nickname for him actually,he does make me laugh which is always a good thing in my book.Date 3's been and gone and no slowing down on the conversation flow.Watch this space!

Drama Queen said...

yeah. you go girl!!

maybe he can be your date for BF's soiree. failing that the 3 of us will have so much fun. no word from P - surprised, surprise!

Elaine Greywalker said...

good for you! i am insane with jealousy and admiration ...