Friday 4 May 2007

and now for something completely different

Can you tell I've had a day off today? 2 Posts and no painting or drawing acheived and I'm supposed to be geting ready to show some work. Anyway for those who are interested Geordie bloke is still in my phonebook but text guy is not, and for those who aren't here is my favourite poem:

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.


Live every moment folks. x

10 comments:

Brom said...

I've had a day off as well. But I did get some painting done.... the fence.

phoenix said...

Hmmm think that should've been on my list too Brom,as well as the weeding in the back garden,ironing,hoovering,cooking dinner blah blah but no motivation or inspiration today.

Drama Queen said...

You once said to me (in a card) that I was one of few, who you knew, who had no problem 'living their youth'. Well now I think its time that you lived yours. . .

Better late than never.

phoenix said...

exactly my mentality now DQ and intend to go by my own pearls of wisdom given to you in that card.I'm lucky I'm still just young enough in age and mentality(and some kind folks have said looks too) to get away with it. I don't want any more regrets in this life and the feeling that I hadn't lived enough was one of the ones in need of being rectified.Watch out world. x

Mr Farty said...

Nice poem.

phoenix said...

thank you Mr F,by Robert Frost. One of the good things learned at school and one of the few that stuck:-)

Cat said...

I had yesterday off too and spent most of it lying around in my pyjamas and reading in the bath. Hey, isn't that what days off are for?

phoenix said...

exactly that

londongirl said...

Good choice re Text Boy.

Fingers crossed re t'other chap.

phoenix said...

thanks LG he was supposed to call last night but redeemed himself by calling today just in the nick of time before I deleted his details. I've decided that ruthless is the way forward. If they can't be bothered to call then I can't be bothered with them.