Thursday 31 May 2007

blah de blah house on fire

Blimey,
It's a week after our first date and new guy's still here. Not only is he still here but we've been on 3 dates (alot for a first week I reckon) and last night we sat in and watched Pulp Fiction, which he bought for me on the way over because he knew I'd lost mine.There's a lot to be said for behaving like teenagers watching movies on the couch!
All in all thoughtful,funny,generous,kind and an apparently genuine bloke.Long may it last. Next weekend we've arranged to have dinner at a japanese restaurant to help celebrate my niece's boyfriend's graduation* and if he passes that test (my niece is very protective of me in my new found dating life)then I know I've gotten some decent dating material. I must say though it is nice to have someone to talk to late at night when the loneliness used to kick in but now I'm finding myself thinking of our next meeting and feeling a whole lot less sorry for myself.
On another completely random note,can someone please tell me why every half term it pees down with rain every day(today we've had thunder,lightning and hail!)and just as I'm about to cut the grass.The grass is now ankle height thanks to the sun/rain combination,and it shows no sign of abating. Bugger!!
*niece would like everyone to know that this is bf's second graduation,he is in fact nearly 30 and not 21 as may have been interpreted.She is therefore not a cradlesnatcher but she will be testing new guy with all her best interrogational abilities (which are very scary I may add)

21 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Lets make all the people aware that this is actually Boyfriend's second graduation and he is NOT 21!!! (in fact only a year from 30 ma ha ha ha). And we are only going to make his parents happy.

Anyway, yes I would see it as a test. Lets hope he passes :-)

phoenix said...

I shall make an amendment niece so everyone knows you're not a cradle snatcher haha and new guy's been told all about you and is probably preparing a speech at this very moment:-)x

Unknown said...

Glad it's going well Phoenix, but a speech?

phoenix said...

oh believe me he'll need it haha

Drama Queen said...

Here here!!!

Man I am digging this role reversal.

Yes John I want a speech re his intentions.

Only the best for my auntie. But if he offers to pay for the dinner I'll pass him. . .hahaha!!

X

phoenix said...

see john,told you!

Unknown said...

Listen, you pair. Two against one aint fair!! I lose track of who's who. *confused*

phoenix said...

DQ = Niece
Phoenix = Auntie

Very close knit pair,only 9years between them and dreadful when drunk in the house on copious amounts of wine. Can tear a man apart at 50 paces and are both formidable dancers. Better?

Unknown said...

GULP!! Dancing's a bit out for me!

Girl said...

I might be worth being a fly on the wall for the testing :)

Drama Queen said...

Aw John don't worry you've passed the test already. . .

I am the neice. I used to go to Phoenix with all my man problems a few years ago. Now she comes to me. . .we are strange like that.

We both need each others approval on things. I have her's for BF now I have to grant mine for newbie. Question is should I? Ah hah aha!

Unknown said...

DQ, yes, why the hell not? Does he drink like a fish, and fart like a buffalo? If the answer to both is yes, then he's ok!!

general_boy said...

Oh no! Poor guy! Hmmm. Dodgy weather here too... wet... windy... cold but hey... that's bloody winter for you. Less than 3 months to go... not that I'm counting...

SpanishGoth said...

Get the lazy twat off the couch and give him a pair of scissors, or if you like him, a Strimmer.

Might as well cut the grass and then, you can can walk outside looking svelte and say "Beer honey?"

Elaine Greywalker said...

Agree with Goth. Free movies is nice but cut grass even nicer. Got one date to install my new storm door. Appropriate as he was always on about how he finished off the basement of his large house. Although he turned out to be a bit of a loser. Anyway, right on DQ! As you are now all well into the weekend I suspect my comments are a tad late. Tell us the outcome, please.

phoenix said...

It'll be an interesting evening I'm sure. For the record the first thing he did when I mentioned the grass was offer to cut it,but my independent streak is going to take a while to accomodate someone else so I want to do it myself.But he does drink beer and loves football so he is a bonafide ok bloke so far.

Drama Queen said...

Are you saying my BF is less of a man because he hates football and drinks red wine? Are ye?

phoenix said...

ha ha No chance DQ I've seen him on the red wine,but if he didn't drink at all I'd be worried!

Elaine Greywalker said...

not seeing a DQ review of lawnmower man. am i being crass for mentioning it?

phoenix said...

it's this weekend coming Elaine.I shall no doubt be posting first thing on Monday with the results

Elaine Greywalker said...

Sorry! I'm chronologically challenged. And get well, btw.