Wednesday 16 May 2007

Pillars of Salt

Text guy wants to come out cycling with me!
He's doing some sort of triathlon type challenge thingy for charity but tends to do most of his training at the gym (nowt like going outside I say)
Anyway he was asking the other day, who I go with and how far etc etc. I reckon I go about 10 miles each day but as I have never measured it and don't have a fancy Jameslike contraption that tells me distance,calories and what I had for breakfast I really have no idea(can I borrow that though James when you move down here as I'd love to know all that stuff,well except the breakfast obviously).
All I know is I'm out on average about an hour and a half a day,rain or shine,music blaring without a care in the world.I get muddy,I get rained on,I get covered in bike oil when my chain comes off (happens frequently when I skip too many gears going uphill)and generally look like a right state when I'm done.
I also can cope when things go wrong i.e the chain scenario-today my chain came off whilst going up a particularly steep hill and became wedged tight in between the wheel and cogs,but I did not panic.It took me 10mins but I got it out and back on and was on my way without trauma.
My worry is,will I turn into a complete woossey girl if he's around or turn into this fiercely independent scary girl who is perfectly capable of turning a man to salt with the slightest glance if he even attempts to save me from the trauma of getting a bit of oil on my fingers.
You know what it's like sometimes when a guy is around ,things that you are perfectly able to do suddenly become things you'd need to get the fire brigade,police and SAS in to save you from. Spiders are my thing for that!I hate them and when I had a man around I'd turn into this frozen pillar of fear,only able to utter the words 'get it get it get it get it,QUICK,get it get it'
Now however,whilst still a bit afraid,I take a deep breath,approach the fiend with a mag or shoe and - animal lovers I make no apology for this - I splat the little bugger!
So anyway we shall wait and see,I'm only hoping he doesn't suggest it before our dinner date on Friday because Im sure the hosts don't just want me turning up accompanied by a 6ft tall pillar of salt as I've a feeling woossey is not my thing any more. hee hee

9 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Ahhh we only do the helpless thing to flatter them. I am sure that you will do the bike thing to your full peformance if only to show off. Then when you get home revert to being a girly and asking him for a massage ;-)

phoenix said...

oooh that sounds good! he can do that after washing the mud off me. Think I need a cold shower!
ps did you know that P has a bebo account? He was listed as a friend of one of my friends.

Drama Queen said...

P? I can only see me as your friend (so far obviously). he has to accept it before he shows. . .

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll cope, and enjoy your date. Don't forget to get the chain oil from under your fingernails though!!

phoenix said...

john- took me bloody ages but hurragh it's gone.I shall now just have to resist temptation tomorrow to go on another 10mile bike hike:-)

Melissa said...

That you're even worrying whether you'll act one extreme or the other suggests you'll stick with a moderate middle route. A fierce attitude usually only rears its head when someone treats us like we are incapable of doing something that we can manage perfectly well, and it sounds like you could fix that chain with eyes closed if need be. That's bound to show. In a capable, non-fierce way. :)

Have a great time.

Drama Queen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
phoenix said...

see i need you to tell me these things! I told you I know nothing bout all this

SpanishGoth said...

Yikes - bollocks to that. I have a taxi booked, straight to the restaurant missus ;-)

*joking*