Wednesday 23 May 2007

internet dating

What's your thoughts? and be honest! This week after being pissed off by text guy (who I'm getting on great with now there's no will they/won't they rubbish) and his unreliabilty,then being commandeered in a club by several guys who no doubt thought I was just theirs for the taking. I have joined an internet dating site! I decided to go for a paying one as I figured i may get a slightly better class of 'lonely guy sitting at computer'.
So I registered along with a friend of mine to Match.com (girls like to compare notes boys,so beware)and left it for a day. Hey presto got up in the morning and it was like Man shopping! I had 69 emails (omen?oops sorry that was a bit naughty hehe)Now this was on Saturday and I've had several responses from guys who I actually think seem pretty good bets for dates. But just to make sure they are who they say they are blah de blah de blah I've googled them.Does anyone else do that or is it just me?
So anyway I have my first blind date on Friday (I say blind,but I've seen pictures so no need for roses in lapels and newspapers tucked under arms)and he's a director for a pharmaceutical company not too far from me. We appear to have a lot in common and he's a straight talker like me so if there's no spark we know there'll be no playing games pretending there is.If anything from this I appear to be making some good friends as I'm not the kind of girl who gets all arsey if it doesn't work out and am perfectly capable of carrying on a platonic relationship and still enjoying their company. I have a long bike ride planned on Saturday with text guy and am looking forward to kicking his arse-though he reckons if I have a date on Friday involving alcohol I won't even manage 5miles, but I promise I'll behave;-)

*note-I promise not to get drunk and blog on Friday night like my niece cos she can still spell when she's pissed,well almost 'wold'*

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, goog luck with the date. I thought you were on about me when you said 'some lonely bloke sat in front of a computer', but then I realised I'm not lonely!

Unknown said...

Shit! Good!!

phoenix said...

John anyone who reads your blog knows you're definitely not lonely,wish I had such a lovely sitcom pub to go to and hang out in!and no doubt I shall fill you in on the date scenario soon.

Unknown said...

Look forward to that!!

Drama Queen said...

*hangs head in shame*

I had great fun drunk blogging.

You know my thoughts on all this. Just take it easy. You've been through a hard time and I don't believe anyone gets over things by throwing them head-long into the dating sence. As long as you still take it as a bit of fun you'll be fine.

We are off to buy bikes at the weekend. But being all old continental we have to buy the really old school ones with baskets and everything. Mainly so that they don’t get nicked. And so that I can laugh at Boyfriend.

Wold!!!

phoenix said...

lol DQ I thought it was hilarious! I will try it at some point. As far as the throwing myself in,it's been nearly a year (can you believe it!) so only now I'm at the point where I am actually enjoying 'Throwing myself in'.My whole outlook on relationships has changed and taking things too seriously from the word go is def a no no.I'm in the take it easy and see what happens clan now and having great fun while doing it and making friends too!.I still have my down days but I defy anyone who's been through what I have not to.Look forward to pics of your bikes heehee

Drama Queen said...

You know that googling people will get you not very far. You have to BEBO them. Or myspace (read mystalk) them.

Now that IS telling.

And YOU should tell us all.

Drama Queen said...

A year since he announced it. But only a few months since he confirmed it was for real and released you from the tenderhooks. And you were married for 10 years!

Anyway, don't meant to sound anti. Only concerned. And I know you're only having fun. And about time to Mrs (or, er, Miss!!!?)

phoenix said...

haha I'll try that! so far the google thing has worked though-maybe it's an age thing! The ones I'm interested in have been around long enough to have had something appear on google. what's bebo and myspace?(kidding!)And you are quite scary! stalkerwoman lol

phoenix said...

and it's been 5months since he finally admitted,though he'd still been out of the house and living away for a lot longer.All relative to how I'm feeling in my head anyway and my heads fine ta.
I believe the term is 'Ms' but makes me sound a bit gay

Drama Queen said...

Hey YOU the one who said you checked up on them. I prefer to bebo EX Boyfriends and laugh at how fat / bald / unsucessful they now are.

phoenix said...

haha mine's for safety chap yours is just plain funny lol Not the time to tell you that my date tomorrow is bald then heehee

Drama Queen said...

yeah but my ex's are STILL in their 20s remember. . .we can laugh at that.


ps Haha your new boyfriend is a baldy!

phoenix said...

apparently it shows high testosterone levels hehe and the ability to laugh at oneself;-)

Unknown said...

DQ,I have just been reading your on-going conversation with Phoenix, and WHAT'S WRONG WITH BALDIES? Just you wait! PAAH.

phoenix said...

you tell her john! nowt wrong with a baldy heid,comes in handy when I don't have a mirror heehee.my niece is terrible john,take it you saw her drunken blog the other day,disgraceful behaviour,I'd never do anything like that!! *phoenix glances up to the ceiling whistling with her fingers crossed behind her back*

Unknown said...

OMG!! You two are related? I should have guessed!! DOH!

SpanishGoth said...

Tell you what I think? ok

there's a baby chick that I can hear calling (chimney or wherever) that I have to go and rescue.

the bed is too big without Mariposa

V is going to be so horny that even I don't want to be near when she explodes with passion

you need to get laid

your ex-husband is a cunt who needs a ruddy hard punch in the bollocks

i'm pissed

well, you did ask....

Drama Queen said...

Oh John I quite like baldies. Just not on 28 year old men. . .!!!!

And yes we ARE related and indeed lived together for two years (I moved in with them). Did you not think my advice a bit foreful for a random? Then again, you get all sorts. . .

And Ginge, of course you don't get up to trouble. In fact these days you are worse than me.

Drama Queen said...

And Goth:

> V is going to be so horny that even I don't want to be near when she explodes with passion!!!!!

V? Who's V?

*winks knowingly*

phoenix said...

Honestly you lot only think of one thing lol
Goth I love it when you comment pissed
John my niece is the reason I blog at all.she thought it'd be good to help me get over my marriage break up but now I just cant stop.
Off out to get ready for my first date of the weekend! I have another 1 tomorrow haha lets hope I remember who's who!