Tuesday 5 June 2007

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Behaving like a teenager is all well and very good at my age,but this morning I woke up after a lovely evening with New guy feeling like I had literaly been hit by a truck!
My bones ache, my throat is like sandpaper,my eyes are smarting and I am very very hot!!
I would love it if the reason was total over exuberance in the bedroom,but seeing as he was round at mine with mini me asleep and unaware of my evening visitor I'm afraid that's a no no. (I have some morals you know) The reason is, after a particularly long snogging session on the couch,he's given me his bloody cold!
Before he left last night he mentioned he had a bit of a cough but thought it was just a tickly throat as he never ever catches colds. I thought thank god for that because I catch colds like you wouldn't believe and when I get them they really floor me.
I have a very low immune system due to a food allergy which leaves me with a restricted diet.This in turn denies me of a lot of nutrients I need to fend off everyday ailments. It will improve in time as my allergy is being de-sensitised at the moment by some very nice Professor in London.So I will gradually be able to reintroduce all the fruit and veg I so miss.
However for the time being,I feel like crap,I am the palest person in paleville and it even hurts to type this.That'll teach me for thinking I'm 20years younger.
So next time he comes anywhere near me with the slightest sniffle kissing is strictly off the menu!

19 comments:

Girl said...

Tea and toast and maybe he'll bring you chocolate for passing on his nasties?

phoenix said...

The tea and toast sounds good. Not that fussed for the chocolate but he brought me my favourite flowers last night (I am that girly girl who loves a nice bunch of flowers).Maybe if he runs me a nice bubble bath and massages away my aches I may forgive him:-)

Drama Queen said...

THAT is all you give your reades!!! I know what's going on behind the scences but you have a fanbase missy. . .

get better soon (ie before Saturday).

xxx

Drama Queen said...

readers, I meant readers. . .

Girl said...

Chocolate, flowers...it's all the same.

Maybe a tub for two? ;-)

phoenix said...

dont know what you're talking about;-)

Drama Queen said...

liar, liar pants on fire!!

phoenix said...

Haha all this from the woman who told the world she was turning up at an airport in just a raincoat and all I want is a back rub to soothe my aches and pains lol

Unknown said...

Oi, snotty nose! Stop whingeing!
At least you got laid! LMAO!

phoenix said...

Nope,therefore am allowed to whinge!

Drama Queen said...

thats what I'm saying. . .you are witholding crucial details that should discussed.

and the world? Why I'm flattered.

phoenix said...

Saving it for another day I'm too sick today to go into glorious detail about my weekend lol

Eddy said...

I go away for a few days and you're snogging strangers! Have fun Phoenix ;-)

phoenix said...

hi james-well its amazing what can happen in a week.See I told you not planning anything made not a jot of difference as life has a way of throwing surprises at you.:-)

Melissa said...

Kisses are worth the cold, aren't they?

Enjoy!

Chris King said...

There's a lot of it about! Might be a computer virus?

general_boy said...

Grrr... the snots got me last week too and cost me a day of work. AND it wasn't compensated for by couch snogging either... :(

Sarah said...

I always wondered if passing some germs was enough to make someone not want to see you anymore. Are you any less keen on New guy because of it?

phoenix said...

Melissa-Totally worth it!!
General boy-I much prefer my way of catching cold
Chopski-Maybe I should leave the computer alone for a bit then and concentrate on the snogging:-)
Sarah-He's totally redeemed himself by catering to my every sick person's whim (especially since the weekend when I have now developed a full blown chest infection and sound like I smoke 60 a day!!)