Thursday 28 June 2007

Surprises

'I'm so excited and I just can't hide it'.
Cheesy, but i don't care a jot. I'm jumping round the house today like Tigger on acid!
Why?
Because I called my Mum yesterday - as I do most days - and dropped the comment in that I'd see her very soon,as me and BF are off up to the Burgh at the end of July. She paused and said 'well it may be a bit sooner than that'.
Brill I thought, a wee visit from my Mum,who I miss like crazy.So I asked her when I'd be seeing her, 'How does tomorrow sound?' she said.
Fan-bloody-tastic!!!
I have no idea how she managed to keep it quiet but I love surprises like that.When you're so far away from your nearest and dearest (especially during times of emotional trauma or stress)the thought of just being able to be near them is enough to make me jump in the car and drive the 350 miles for a hug from my Mum.
I have the unbelievably bad weather we're having here at the moment to thank as well. You see my Stepdad is a bonafide farmer, and this time of year is normally written off for any type of break because it's normally when it's warm and dry enough to bale the hay. Not this year though,the torrential downpours have put paid to the hay being dry enough for at least a few weeks.Every cloud has a silver lining (although I do hope it stops raining soon,the country is in complete chaos)
It's just an overnight visit as her and my lovely stepdad are off to my Uncle's 60th further south,but I don't care,it's a fix of family that'll keep me going for the next few weeks till I see them all again. I'm off out to buy some more grub for tomorrow's breakfast and am so looking forward to seeing mini-me's face when she sees her Granny and Papa walking down the drive because her Mummy likes giving her surprises too.

12 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Er, well now is not the time to tell you that BF was going to make a surprise visit to you tomorrow night then. . .

I'll warn him.

Have fun. XX

Drama Queen said...

ps I mean I'll warn him not to.

phoenix said...

No it's fine they're only here for one night that'll be absolutely great. And mini me has a piano recital at 7.30 that her dad 'cant make it' to so even better.x

Drama Queen said...

Yeah. He will speak to you I'm sure. Hugs xx

Girl said...

I'd pitch a fit if the mom surprised me like that. we don't have that sort of relationship.

Have a good visit.

phoenix said...

Just a girl- Same scenario a couple of years ago and I may have been the same,but losing a very close loved one and then going through my marriage break up has made me appreciate her a whole lot more. x

Unknown said...

Yeah!! You have a great time!! xx

Eddy said...

Have a top weekend Phoenix.

SpanishGoth said...

All the best and I hope it all goes swimmingly well my dear

(had to laugh today as someone had confused DQ with Mariposa - wished me happy birthday)

Melissa said...

What a nice surprise for you! Have a great visit.

phoenix said...

John-great time was had by all

James-ditto

Goth-Nearly was swimmin with all the rain! And DQ Mariposa? LoL

Melissa-was lovely,even lovelier was I ended up going to the party as well on the spur of the moment with mini me and we had a ball.

Drama Queen said...

Hey I could be a butterfly if I wanted. . .and Goth, not sure you could pull off being 29!!