Tuesday 3 July 2007

weekends and rain

The impromptu weekends are always the best! Mum turned up on Thursday night and was looking great with new hairdo to boot. I gained extra brownie points for commenting on it,brownie points which were stolen from my 2 younger brothers and stepdad,none of whom apparently noticed Mum's new barnet. Why is it that guys never learn to notice these little things that make a woman feel good? Your life would be so much rosier guys believe me!
Anway, tired and weary parents and tired and weary me(who'd spent the day running round trying to make the place look like I'd been a past student from the excellent housewife academy)retired to bed about 1am after much chinwagging and tea.
Next morning at the ungodly hour of 6.30 mini me stuck her head round my door to say good morning completely unaware that her Granny and Papa were asleep in the next room. I asked her if she would go and check on the cat as I thought I'd heard her in the spare bedroom. She opened the door and the delight on her face was picture perfect. She flung her arms around her Grandparents (who she hasn't seen for months)and proceeded to offer everyone a cup of tea in bed (I have her well trained now)
After tea and breakfast sadly mini me had to go to school, so after much hugging and promises of visits in the summer hols,off we went.
Now Mum and Stepdad were off to my Uncle's birthday party some 90miles away and were just stopping off at me on the way, but when I got back from the school run,Mum suggested that me and mini me come and join them on the saturday for the party! It hasn't stopped raining for 2weeks and everyone's a bit down in the mouth about it,and BF was away at the weekend so I thought it'd be a great idea to cheer us up and meet up with some family I haven't seen in way too long. Mini me would just be delighted that she was getting to stay up past 8o'clock.
So off we went on the saturday,air bed and duvet packed in the back,2 packets of crisps for the journey and mini me navigating (she is an expert at reading AA routefinder pages) and we turned up at our destination 2hours later ready to party. And party we did!!
The was a spanish theme to the evening so there was plenty of good food and Sangria, a proper Flamenco dancer, who danced for 2 hours and got us all learning the steps (after a few jugs of Sangria this was quite an achievement believe me)Mini me informed me that the dancer would have sponges inside her shoes, as I'd commented there was no way a normal person would have been able to sustain that amount of foot stamping for that length of time. Mini me and me had joined in with the theme as much as we could what with the very short notice,so both had our hair tied back with roses in it, she had a lovely long skirt with frills round it and looked a picture. After a few drinks I didn't look such a picture but hey I was having fun.
When we left at around midnight,I was slightly tipsy and mini me was tired but happy. It was still pouring with rain but this time it wasn't dampening our spirits. We'd had a great weekend,we danced,we spent time with family (some of whom mini me had never met) and I was glad I'd decided to be a bit impulsive.

9 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Sounds like a great one and glad mini me enjoyed. Your mum would have been sooo pleased to see you happy!

Also raining all the time here. So spent weekend at the SPA, was bliss.

And Boyfriend ALWAYS notices hair cuts which is a problem considering I’m contemplating a bob and he likes it long. . .

phoenix said...

Mum was delighted and my happy glow was picked up on by several relatives who'd seen me not so happy last year (could be the glow was from the ready brek that morning;-)
As for the bob, well I also like your hair long and think that any bloke would notice the long to short transformation, but it's your hair so you just do what makes you happy.

Drama Queen said...

I’m not going too do it, its only hair but I’d regret it. Its not like its even shoulder length, its loooong. Plus I kinda like my boyfriend fancying me.

Catch ya later glowing gator

X

Girl said...

That sounds fun, even with the parents :)

Unknown said...

Glad you and mini me enjoyed the party!!

DQ, get a long bob!lol.

Drama Queen said...

is there such a thing?

Sorry Ginge, didn't mean to take over your comments with talk of my hair!

Melissa said...

Ah, there's nothing like impulsive, is there? Glad Mini Me was happily surprised by her grandparents and you ended up going to the party - 90 miles is nothing!

I'd love to see pictures of you and Mini Me in flamenco gear.

phoenix said...

JaG- was fun, seeing parents drunk and irresponsible is always worth it.:-)
John-Did and hope it's not too long till the next family get together
DQ-It's fine glad we could give you some input
Melissa-I didn't manage the flamenco gear what with just a night's notice but mini me looked lovely in her long frilly skirt and rose in her hair.

Eddy said...

Mini-you sounds hilarious. Hope the feet have recovered.