Monday 23 July 2007

BOOOOZE

You must forgive any spelling mistakes,bad grammar (well,more than usual anyway) poor content and self pity this week. I have been severely visited by the hangover fairy. She waved her wand over my head on Friday night and continued her evil magic on Saturday. I now have a faceful of spots, bags under my eyes like an overfilled potato sack and reckon I may have easily have gained a few pounds.
All my own fault, as I never found the inner strength to resist the fact that there was more than one bottle of wine in my house on Friday night. This was thanks to a lovely visit from Drama Queen's BF (my home is their home)who was passing on his wee visit to the UK. My BF also came over as we'd decided to make a little night of it by having some nice grub followed by a visit to our local. We had the grub (home made Lasagne and garlic ciabatta with Italian salad) but because everyone had bought wine we decided to drink some of that before the pub. We never made it!
BF had also brought some lager with him so after a few glasses of wine for him and then going onto lager,that left me and DQ's BF with the wine. BIG MISTAKE!! I am not proud of this (least of all for the fact I'm not even meant to drink wine) but we got through 3 bottles of red ( a nice chianti,cabernet sauvignon and a lovely fruity beaujolais)Once they'd gone it was discovered that there was also a bottle of chardonnay in the fridge, so we got through half of that as well. The choices being made on my Ipod after that were definitely ecclectic to say the least.
I am not a big drinker and, because of mini me, am generally a responsible adult (honest) but the conversation was flowing,mini me was at her Dad's and for some reason it seemed like a great idea at the time.
I take great comfort in the fact that I was definitely not the only one worse for wear,however remind me never ever to do that the day before I am scheduled in to take mini me and 10 (YES 10!) of her friends to McDonalds and then the cinema!! I may have to go one step further though and just say remind me never to take 11 children to McDonalds and then the cinema even if I was well.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch! Ten kids? Eleven, actually? That may very well be worse than a hangover ...

Other than the resultant spots, bags, and pounds, it sounds like you had a really fun night.

Girl said...

Did you pull a Paris and wear sunglasses all the live long day?

Drama Queen said...

Didn't (my) BF pass out? I think he won on the most drunken. For an Orish man he sure cannot handle his drink.

But I think you won on the most hungover. Blame it on the diet. And the fact that (my) BF stayed got to stay in bed til 11.

pink jellybaby said...

so when do we get to meet you...and DQ? you know, i'm collecting bloggers at the moment....

Drama Queen said...

Well DQ is Brussels bound so unless you are planning a trip. . .

Unknown said...

LMAO!! Serves you right. I am jealous!!

Elaine Greywalker said...

A glass of wine or two bottles of beer is all I'm allowed these days. And the bags are there whether drink or not. I'm so cheery, aren't I?

phoenix said...

Apologies for the delay in response,bloody internet was off for 4 days!! Felt like my arm was cut off.
Melissa-much fun and think the attitude of some of them was ten times worse than the hangover
JaG- wishful thinking.I at least had to look like i was watching the film
DQ- yep,passed out,comatosed,unconscious hee hee but the fact I had to get up at 8 may've contributed to my hangover.I thought I coped remarkably well.
PJellybaby-when I'm sober I'll let you know:-)
John- don't be jealous I'm never drinking again!! *phoenix's fingers are crossed*
Elaine-that may be the way forward for me and as for the bags,well mine are still around too:-)

general_boy said...

Whoooaaa... kids and hangovers... somethings will never co-exist!!!