Wednesday 18 July 2007

Expand your horizons

As you may have noticed, I have been rather preoccupied with BF recently, and the whole getting used to being in a new relationship thingy. This has given me less time to peruse the wonderful and not so wonderful blogland, so this week I've decided that it might be a good idea to give myself a task to go and find one new blog a week for the next month that I really enjoy reading and then spreading the word of said new blog (after all we all love to be noticed in some way don't we)
Obviously this will be my taste that I enjoy for one reason or another.It may make me laugh,it may make me think (harder task than making me laugh believe me!),it may make me cry or ponder why on earth we feel the need to do this in the first place,and it may be completely bizarre (like the one I found the other day linked to my blog because I mentioned the word 'Shirt' once?) This is a purely self indulgent project but it goes back to the subject brought up by Drama Queen about lurkers. Those people who visit but never comment. So if you choose to visit the blogs I've found please feel free to leave one.

It's very easy just to keep visiting the same blog's all the time,as once we've found our little niche it's easier to stay there. Then there's the restriction of time, it would take us forever to go trawling through searching out new reading material and keeping up with them,so I'm volunteering to do some of the running around for you.Go on expand your horizons! And if you really cant be arsed look on my sidebar and see if there's anyone there you haven't seen before and go visit. My first blog I've found that I like (and have linked) is All in a days work!! and todays post is about if we had a vitual boyfriend what would we make him do. I can think of a few things for that one!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Me with a virtual boyfriend?! What are you implying? Or is this a sexist women only post?

phoenix said...

Implying nothing John and not sexist,I did warn you though that this was self indulgent Hee hee. I think you need to go read the post,it is written by a bloke,but did make me giggle.

Drama Queen said...

I'm here. . .but you knew that already.

*massages Phoenix's ego gently*

phoenix said...

*left a bit,right a bit oooh just there* ;-)

Girl said...

I use Bloglines or I'd forever be checking blogs. The ones I have on my blog either I really liked enough to link or a reciprocals of those that linked me and I like.

It is fun finding new ones that tweak your interest.

phoenix said...

JaG- thanks for the tip and I'm enjoying seeing what is out there

Cat said...

I'm really lazy about new blogs - I tend only to find them when people leave a comment at mine. Must try harder!