Tuesday 12 June 2007

weekend

Right the weekend has passed,but did New Guy?
Well really the only person who knows for sure is the one and only Drama Queen!! But put it this way,she liked the fact she and lovely boyfriend had the opportunity to talk and be genuinely listened to at the dinner table (ex liked being sole centre of attention and even if he engaged you in conversation,he quickly glazed over if you spoke for longer than 2mins on a subject he hadn't brought up). It was also nice that New Guy and DQ's bf had a lot in common career wise and were quite happy chattering together in the garden whilst me and DQ made ourselves pretty for our night out at the Japanese restaurant.
The restaurant proved to be a definite plus (apart from the fact we never got sat at the tepanyaki table) As it would have been impossible not to laugh at the two grown up couples making the biggest mess you've ever seen bar a chimps tea party. The noodles were served in a soup base,with round chopsticks,and trying to delicately serve them on to the tiny plates was nigh on impossible.Much swearing ensued,which I hope wasn't heard by the children at the table next to ours!We partook of just one jug of Saki. It may have been more if myself and DQ had not had previous experience of the demon drink. Saki has the deviousness and cunning of a wily fox in the drinkworld. It lures you in by thinking such a tiny thimbleful of innocent rice wine can't possibly have an effect,so you have more.You feel nothing while sitting in the comfort of the establishment,but then you step outside into the fresh air and BAM!you lose the use of your legs,your eyes,vocal chords,in fact anything in your body that's meant to help you find your way home deserts you!
So all in all we had a lovely evening,we made a total mess at the table,we headed back to the house,listened to some choice music (my Ipod has some seriously dodgy tunes on it but would whoever put on the christmas album on to my playlist please own up now!),chatted,took photo's and then got on to the subject of body art.
I may do a whole other post this subject but suffice to say DQ and bf were in stitches at New Guys choices of tattoos and I think it was the final confirmation that actually he was an ok bloke,with an obvious sense of humour but more than capable of laughing at himself. For those of you who are interested he has two pairs of bright red lips tattooed to his arse!!(now there's an icebreaker in the bedroom) So I think all in all it went pretty well.
In the morning we all had breakfast together,the boys showed off their domestic skills with the washing and drying of dishes without being asked,DQ and bf got ready to go back to Belgium (with half of my Art collection gratefully stuffed in the back of their car-A wee present from me that I know will be appreciated for their new home wherever that may end up being)Then as they were leaving DQ said the loveliest thing that brought a tear to my eye.She turned to New Guy and thanked him for making her Auntie smile again,and soppy though this may be I'd like to thank her too.
My ex is her uncle,I am an aunt through marriage but we have always been very close.I realise that this was going to be strange to see someone else in the house her aunt and uncle were together in,and to see me with someone else but it never showed.All that showed from her and bf was themselves,relaxed and for that I am truly grateful.So thanks for a great weekend and hopefully there'll be many more to come (though maybe without the food stains on shirts eh!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

FIRST!! Snort at that post. I can just imagine DQ and round chopsticks,noodles and saki!!

Elaine Greywalker said...

Lucky you. I'm so glad things went well. Looks like New Guy is okay. I hope your luck continues.

phoenix said...

john- it was very funny,not one of us managed to get noodles to plate in one hit.and well done on first today your medal shall arrive post haste hehe
elaine- me too.I'm probably the most cautious person I know in the not counting chickens stakes but its going swimmingly and something really really good happened today which I'll spill about in a couple of days!

Melissa said...

It sounds like it couldn't have gone better, Phoenix. I'm glad you all had such a good time.

Drama Queen said...

Lovely post mate. Even Boyfriend read it but only to big himself up a bit.

Of course he passed. . .9/10!!! Losing 1 point for only paying for *your* dinner. Mah ha ha ha!!!

I am just glad someone made a bigger mess than me!

If you are happy then I am happy. I mean it.

Methinks he’s a good one who will let you shine a little.

And the art is smashing. I have pics for the next post. When I can be arsed writing. They look great, cannot wait til we can put them up.

And John what do you mean I’m a classy bird me. . .

Drama Queen said...

Ps what happened that’s so good. Email me for a preview. . .

Drama Queen said...

got your mail. so busy and not much time to detail a reply other than *YEAAAAH* fingers crossed.

general_boy said...

Ohhhhhhh yeah... I hear ya on the sake... EVIL!

A mate of mine might top that - he has pair of eyes - one tatooed on each arse cheek! When he bends over... well geez, must I paint a picture??? ;)

phoenix said...

Melissa-me too long may it continue
DQ-should know more over the next couple of days
General Boy- Thanks, I now have a mental vision of Kenneth Williams saying 'Oooh Matron'except with his face a bit rounder hee hee