Friday 20 April 2007

Impulse

Right, slept much better last night after 2hours cycling, so for those of you who want to know here's what happened with my date-those who don't I'm going to tell you anyway!
As you know the night ended with 'that kiss', and also him asking me what I was doing after work the day after (saturday), as it was my last day there. As I had no plans and work on my own when I'm there, I said this to him. He suggested meeting me after work for a quick drink! Before I could say 'blimey you're keen boyoh' the aftermath of the kiss took over and the endorphins made my mouth say 'yeah that would be great!'. My brain however was screaming at me, 'Woah there Nelly!' For up until recently it has been my plan to move back to Scotland from England and not to get involved with anyone, and as I found out that he's moving to USA in about a year I thought he was ideal as he obviously wasn't looking to form any lasting relationship either.
This was all great you see because I have a tendency to get carried away with the whole romance of a situation and I forget that it's oh so easy to fall for the right lines, actions etc. So far this complete stranger had done everything girls dream of: He complimented me, was gentlemanly the first night we met (know's a lot of people and went round introducing me to everyone in the members only club I'd blagged my way into)went to my shop on the Sunday and posted a note through the door saying he would love to take me out to dinner, then turns up at my door on said date in his Lamborghini!, sorry did I forget to mention that bit hehe (very uncomfortable car and so bloody noisy though)and then turns out to be a really quite interesting guy who I could chat easily with, who also, it turns out, lives in the same village as me!
So anyway, he turns up at my shop the next day and after impulsively buying a lot of lovely and expensive pieces!, we go for a very nice drink, only for an hour or so, then we both head off home, kiss (again, great) and he says he'll call. Now at this point I should have seen the impulsive tendencies he obviously has. All the signs are there but those endorphins are sneaky little critters, and can con their way into the toughest of brain cells. So I thought great.
So the rest of that week I have nothing going round in my head except loveliness ,and surprise surprise..............He called, in fact he not only called he sent little texts asking how my day was, sent lots of these 'x' and this happened daily!.He called me every evening and was equally lovely.Now because I've been out of the dating game for so long I had no idea that this was not usual, I just thought it was really sweet until the Thursday! Thursday's when his impulsive nature became oh so apparent.
He texts me in the afternoon seeing how my day was, and asks if I'm free to talk later, and as he'd been doing this for the last 2weeks I thought nothing of it (in this time I'd only initiated contact twice).
So he calls me later and the conversations going fine and then I get the speech...............'listen I think we should maybe cool it for a bit, I really don't think it's fair on either of us to get involved as you're moving, I'll give you a call in a week or so and we'll talk about it over dinner, ok'
Well blow me down, I didn't see that coming. Here was me having a nice time and thinking only on a day to day basis and this guy,in his head, had us married off in a fortnight. I suddenly realised that I was an impulse gone wrong. He'd thought sod it I'll go out with her even though she's going it'll be fun(I told him this on the very first night) but here he was talking about getting 'Involved'. Now I don't know if that was just a 'let her down gently' line (which I wasn't involved enough to need!) or if he really was getting involved and thinking WAY too much. But correct me if I'm wrong he was the one doing all the chasing, at no point did I suggest to him it was anything other than really good?
fun, I merely responded to encouragement given. Maybe you guys can help out with this one, what happened

6 comments:

Eddy said...

Well, you never know what nice guys you might meet once you return to Edinburgh ;-)

phoenix said...

Well that's another story i've still to tell. Change of plans on the moving front temporarily too. Think I'm just going to stop making plans and live by the seat of my pants :-)

SpanishGoth said...

As opposed to thinking with your pants (or what's in them anyway) - a rather male trait I think you'll find

Soup said...

Men! I just don't "get" them. It seems from what you have said that he has done all the chasing, and then felt compelled to dump you as if the roles had been reversed?! Perhaps he is deluded? I think some men like to feel big by making women feel small and unimportant. Perhaps you are too strong a character now to allow that so he had to try and manufacture the situation by blowing it all out of proportion. Either way, he looks pretty silly. In his mind you probably look silly, but to everyone else it is clear who the prat is here. Still, at least you got a ride in a cool car (my schooltime ex's dad picked me up from school in his Diablo Roadster back when I was 17 and I LOVED it!)

phoenix said...

think he was maybe trying to impress with that one and got a surprise. told him i would never consider going out with a bloke who drove a car like that ordinarily as they've either got something to prove or are so far up their own backside they can see out their mouth! funnily enough though that was the first night i met him and seemed to make him even more keen?Obviously liked a challenge. Never mind eh "NEXT":-)

phoenix said...

And Goth after the year I've had I intend to be thinking with my pants a whole lot more and ensuring I actually have some fun in my life for a change. Could all go pear shaped tomorrow 'Carpe Diem' and all that :-)