Sunday 29 April 2007

Dance like nobody's watching

Well what was shaping up to be yet another boring and somewhat lonely weekend turned out not too bad!
On friday when mini me was going to her dad's I had zero plans and was looking with some foreboding to the 48hour stretch without anyone in this big house but me.
When you live in a family home then suddenly it ceases to be one, it can torture the soul with the feeling of emptiness. I feel it needs to have family spirit in it and it's very much lacking, so is not the best place to be of a weekend, especially when all the friends you tend to accumulate over the years of being a couple, are themselves couples and settled and not very often up for a night on the tiles.
So i was somewhat relieved to get a call from the artist who I now regularly model for, asking if I would accompany him to a gallery opening of a protege of his (on the strict condition that I do not accept any invitation to sit for said protege!) We had a lovely and very civilised evening for me I must say, followed by several soda and limes in the beautiful local village pub (the villages in the area I live in are very chocolate box, full of little thatched cottages and pubs with roaring fires complete with sleeping dog)
Friday night complete and just Saturday to go, so not doing too bad so far. I also agreed to a sitting with my artist on Sunday so that was that taken care of too.
Saturday is now here and as I'm working all day in my little shop I have plenty to keep me occupied till tea time and I then get a call from my one and only single friend who knows I hate staying in when I don't have mini me asking if I'd like to meet up with her and some friends. Fan-bloody-tastic.
Until I get out of this house I think every free weekend may feel like this. I hate the opressiveness of it and the memories it evokes, as they are not unhappy ones and that in itself makes me sad for the loss.
So anyway I go out and we have the most amazing night, helped along greatly by several - but not too many vodka's and the presence of the most outrageously funny dancing guy I've seen. Needless to say I was instantly drawn to him as,and DQ will back this up as we both do it, I always dance like nobody's watching. I love dancing but only if I feel relaxed enough to really go for it and generally have as much fun as possible and thankfully I found a kindred spirit. We danced all night together, I found out his name, the fact he was from Newcastle(which partly explained why even though the music wasn't too loud, that i didn't always grasp what he said)
he lives in a plush part of London, what he does for a living and hey presto his phone number.
He made me laugh, alot! And anybody who knows me knows I am a sucker for a guy who can make me laugh.
So we've spoken to each other today, he made me laugh again even though I'm no longer swimming in Vodka, and hopefully I'll be seeing him again soon for more of the same!!

3 comments:

Girl said...

Sometimes the unplanned weekends are much more fun.

pink jellybaby said...

Hurrah!!! I always find that last min plans are the best. When you have something planned for ages, you build it up in your head and it often disappoints....a bit like New Year!

Dan said...

Oh? What kind of modeling is this? Suddenly, I'm interested.