Thursday 28 January 2010

Timewarp

forgive me dear blog it has been almost a year since I have written........


So many things have happened and where to start is anyone's guess. Sometimes i feel like it's all happening to someone else and I'm standing outside looking in.

First things first seeing as it's how my blog ended last....My dad got the all clear just before christmas and has so far beaten cancer. The tests showed that he had aggressive cells (he failed to tell us this fact until more than halfway through his treatment!)so he was given a rather nasty hormone implant and an intensive course of radiotherapy. The hormone implant was a series of rods inserted into his stomach which slowly release oestrogen which in turn shrink the cancer cells as they are fed by testosterone. This did have the slight disadvantage of giving him a lovely set of moobs and a lovely pot belly! Both of which he seemed quite attached to:0). It's just lovely not to have the cloud hanging over him.

Secondly, I got divorced (After nearly 4 years of trauma!), I finally got my house sold and I came back home!!! The weight was visible lifting from my shoulders and I feel like I'm walking an extra foot taller. Everything kind of fell into place at the right time.
I had a call from my sister saying she thought her neighbours were selling up, but at that point I hadn't sold so I could do nothing. I was getting so desperate to move back i couldn't bear the thought of losing that house especially given it's proximity to my wee sis, so, for the first time in my 38 years, I asked for help from Mum. This did not sit comfortably with me but I truly felt this was meant, and Mum and Stepdad did not even hesitate to give me the required deposit. BF had helped by getting the mortgage in place just in case and before we could blink the paperwork was done. I will be forever grateful to them for their kindness! I'm still pinching myself that it actually happened.
The worst part was that I had no idea how long my house would take to sell....it had been 2 years on the market at that point and had fallen through more than once. The gods must have been looking down on me that time thought because a buyer turned up and the deal was done just in time for the summer holidays, perfect for mini me.

The house itself needs a lot of work but I've managed to get the major things out of the way (rewiring, new boiler, plastered upstairs completely and started on downstairs, had a new real fire put in to replace the manky old one etc etc)but already it feels like home.........

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserve some good fortune! And you blogged on my birthday!

Mr Farty said...

Welcome back to blogland! Glad to hear from you. How about before and after pictures of the new house?

Elaine Greywalker said...

Just catching up a bit with those I've neglected. Any more news on how life is progressing? Have a good summer? Looking forward to the holidays?